Welcome to our foundation!
Jerome and Grace Murray began charitable giving as a young couple with limited resources. Giving was an integral component of their
lives from their early days and continues now even after their deaths. Native Washingtonians, they were married in 1928 at the start
of the Depression and slowly accumulated financial wealth through real estate acquisitions. Jerome and Grace were married for 60 years,
raised and educated ten children while gradually increasing their charitable contributions as their financial resources grew.
The Jerome S. & Grace H. Murray Foundation was established in 1980 and was endowed after Grace’s death in 1992. Jerome and Grace
contributed to many charities, some Catholic related during their lifetimes, the largest donation being $1,000,000 to Georgetown
University to fund construction of the Inter Cultural Building.